Thanks to ever increasing competition, ecommerce companies are rolling out new and more powerful features to satisfy the most discerning of customers. Increased mobile usage and social media proliferation are compelling ecommerce platforms today to incorporate these aspects for a seamless viewer experience. Let’s take a look at thetrending ecommerce platforms for 2017:
This platform continues to be one of the most robust ecommerce platforms thanks to its solid focus on social commerce and mobile shopping.
• 100+ templates to choose from
• Over 1500 plugins and extensions that increase functionality of the store
• Capability to sell directly on Facebook by connecting your e-store and Facebook page.
• Inbuilt mobile friendly shopping cart and mobile apps for seller
• Round the clock tech support through live chat, phone, tutorials and community forum.
It may work out to be more expensive as many extensions are not free, customization requires using Shopify code language which necessitates payment, and an additional fee is levied on transactions not made using Shopify Payment.
Beginners with conventional requirements will find Shopify the ideal solution, at $29 to $299 per month.
This platform has a fourth of the ecommerce market share and is considered to be the leading platform thanks to its reliability and scalability. Famous brands using Magento for their sites include Huawei and Pepe Jeans.
• User friendly, provides good user experience
• Open source platform allows customization
• Over 9000 plugins that enable scalability
• Free social commerce extensions allow easy selling on social media
• Huge library resource for demos, online community, store management etc.
The Enterprise version is pretty expensive, though of course it offers a mind boggling array of features in comparison to the free version; mainly customer segmentation, 24/7 support and so on. Being an Open source platform, it is also complex, necessitating qualified developers for customization, and you may end up spending quite a bit even with the free version.
Enterprise level sellers with a huge volume of products with complicated store setup will find Magento a real blessing. This ecommerce platform may not be suitable for entry level vendors.
This ecommerce platform has a rich repertoire of features and a range of smart pricing models; it’s like a one stop solution for seamless functioning of multivendor stores like EBay, Etsy and so on.
• Readymade multivendor marketplace solution
• Easy customization thanks to source code ownership (except for framework)
• Mobile friendly; dedicated Android app for marketplaces
• Different pricing packages offer same features
• Extensive, in-depth manuals, FAQs, video tutorials and 12 months free support for store management
• Built in analytics tools, numerous payment gateways and discount coupon management features
The encrypted framework necessitates knowledge of that framework for customization, requiring the services of an expert PHP developer. There aren’t any third party extensions available, and social commerce capabilities are not incorporated – which means you can’t sell on Facebook and other networks.
It’s an excellent choice for multivendor stores; startup packages costs just about $250 for a year. Scaling up to the advanced version (costs $999 one time) is also relatively easy.
When you search for an ecommerce solution for your online business, make sure that you check that the platform has the features that are specifically required for your business. Ensure that mobile shopping and social features are enabled, as you cannot hope to succeed in today’s world without these capabilities. Wondering how to find the right ecommerce solution? We at IPIX can help you; with over 7 years of experience in the software development industry, our team stays on top of the latest industry trends. We are sensitive to the needs of our customers, and can suggest the best suited platform, as well as develop the website for you.